Monday, April 15, 2013

Trout Opener




It was kind of a non event in the fishing and catching department.
You couldn't fish without ice in the guides until @ 10:30 am, so I floated about  six or seven miles of beautiful river during the middle of the day.  I had not been down this stretch of water in about fifteen years. The stage was quite low and I was all alone. This river reach has changed quite a bit in those intervening years, since last I paddled here. Those changes are likely the result of a confluence of highway engineers and fisheries managers implementing their respective ideas concerning "progress".  It is debatable what those changes may have done for the trout population. It is not debatable, however that fishing opportunities have been diminished.

The sun was out for the first time in a long time and I even got sun burned, although the mercury never made it to forty. An exercise in solitude, well relished. 




Catch of the day.



1 comment: